You know when you travel, and you are getting ready for bed, and your taking off your watch, your rings, and maybe looking for someplace to put your chap stick but there is nothing available to contain them by the bedside? I hate that. Enter this little travel tray.
Isn’t it cute. It’s a free pattern you can download at Craftsy by Angela Padilla.
We are making these tonight at our local American Sewing Guild meeting, and I am the “teacher.” I thought I might want to get one made up before said meeting. This is super easy to make and is a great way to use up leftovers. I think I will make one for every suitcase we own, and put one or two in the camper as well. Look it lays flat until you need it.
And then presto chango it’s a tray.
Isn’t that great?
A couple things I found while stitching this up.
- It takes just under an hour to make
- I sprayed my fabric pieces with sizing before I stitched them together.
- It doesn’t matter if your thread doesn’t match (the more funky the better right?)
- If you have a walking foot, which I don’t, use it when you stitch the lines in the bottom of the tray. I think you will be happier.
- You can use snaps or Velcro. I went with Velcro. Don’t want to be trying to snap a tiny little snap at night, when I really just want to go to bed. Velcro is fast and easy.
I think that is about it. Quick easy project for your Friday. Go make one, or five.